Re: What am I missing that causes this error response from the wheezy mozilla?

On 2019-02-07, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

> I think we've about worn this off topic thread out. The $10,000 rule is
> what it is wherever you are doing business.
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

For me the rule is defined by the IRS and the FinCEN. The very heading
of IRS form 8300--"Report of Cash Payments Over $10,000 Received in a
Trade or Business"--appears to leave little wiggle room for subjective
interpretation in the matter.

The perversity of the thing is, Gene, as I've pointed out elsewhere, for
certain monetary instruments which normally would not fall foul of the
reporting requirement when used in good faith, attempting to use those
same instruments in such a manner as to avoid triggering the reporting
requirement results in the triggering of the reporting requirement.

As those monetary instruments do not comprise the personal check, however,
both you and your used car salesman can breathe easy.