Re: trying to install Debian encrypted in an existed partition, keeping the rest as it is ...

Le 29/01/2019 à 13:45, Albretch Mueller a écrit :
  I got one of those office computers I would like to recycle. It has a
fat16 (as /dev/sda1) partition with some manufacturer’s selftests
which I would like to keep. So, I wiped the rest of the other two
partitions to install Debian encrypted, however I can’t make sense of
the questions I am being asked and I can’t go passed that installation
step.

You need to understand hows the installer works.

Select manual partitioning.

Create a partition for the unencrypted part (/ or /boot). Use it as ext4 filesystem and mount it on / or /boot.

Create a partition for the encrypted part. Use it as physical volume for encryption.

Enter the encrypted volume management.
Create an encrypted volume using the second partition.
Exit the encrypted volume management.

Select the encrypted volume and use it a physical volume for LVM.

Enter the LVM management.
Create a volume group using the encrypted volume. Give it an informative name, not "vg0". Create logical volumes for /, /home, swap... as you like. Give them informative names, not "lv1"...
Exit the LVM management.

Select each logical volume, use and mount it as appropriate like you would do with partitions.