Re: trying to install Debian encrypted in an existed partition, keeping the rest as it is ...

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 07:45:40AM -0500, Albretch Mueller wrote:
I got one of those office computers I would like to recycle. It has a
fat16 (as /dev/sda1) partition with some manufacturer’s selftests
which I would like to keep. So, I wiped the rest of the other two
partitions to install Debian encrypted, however I can’t make sense of
the questions I am being asked and I can’t go passed that installation
step.

Can you share exactly what you tried, what questions you were asked, and
any other messages you were presented with?

This is something that is (or should be) perfectly possible.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland