Re: cups "Filter failed" | filter rastertopdf stops with status 1 | local printing works; remote printing not

On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 08:20:52AM -0500, Greg Wooledge wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 29, 2019 at 10:10:01AM +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > I must admit I skipped ( EEEK =:-o ) the search engine myself, which would've
> > been DuckDuckGo (y'all know: Google -- what is Google, anyway? ;-)
> >
> > Curious as I am, I tried define:bananian with DDG: the second hit is a
> > Wikipedia entry for the Banana Pi, which is somehow right, but makes you
> > think it is wrong.
>
> So, what I'm hearing is that Google did a better job (returned better
> results) than DuckDuckGo in this case.  Either that, or PEBKAC. ;-)

PEBMUAAC: Both of us, rhkramer and me used DuckDuckGo: My guess is that
the difference lies mainly in the result interpreter's "mental context".

For example I've a friend who is obsessed with those little single board
thingies, so my mushy wetware has a vocabulary term for each of
<fruit>-pi, for some unspecified set of fruit (which definitely includes
raspberries bananas and oranges, but possibly also blackberries; no
rambutan [1] yet, sorry). Thus my (otherwise pretty poor) pattern matcher
recongnized that Banana-Pi entry as relevant wrt "bananian", while it
may have worked in a very different was for rhkramer.

Me? Google? What /is/ Google, anyway? ;-)

Cheers

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rambutan
-- t