Re: cups "Filter failed" | filter rastertopdf stops with status 1 | local printing works; remote printing not

On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 12:08:35PM -0500, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> On Monday, January 28, 2019 11:42:52 AM Jeremy Nicoll wrote:
> > On Mon, 28 Jan 2019, at 15:11, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Maybe I am morphing into a cat, but what does bananian mean.  Googling
> > > didn't help, showed me Banyan (a fruit) and talked about a website and
> > > whether it is safe for children.
> >
> > The very first hit I get is for a linux distro.
> >
> > And I didn't ned to be a sophisticated Googler; I provided just one word (I
> > think you can guess what it was) as the search argument.
>
> Ahh, ok, sorry, it looks like I lied -- I searched for [define: bananian] using
> Duck Duck Go (not google, as I had stated).

I must admit I skipped ( EEEK =:-o ) the search engine myself, which would've
been DuckDuckGo (y'all know: Google -- what is Google, anyway? ;-)

Curious as I am, I tried define:bananian with DDG: the second hit is a
Wikipedia entry for the Banana Pi, which is somehow right, but makes you
think it is wrong.

> None of the first 10 results had anything to do with a LInux distribution.

Or they disguised as "not having anything to do..." -- if you go to that
Wikipedia entry (which I'm dead sure /was/ among your first ten entries,
it was second in my search), and search within the page for "bananian",
you'll find (plain text facsimile):

    Operating system
        Android (Android 4.2, Android 4.4),
        Linux (Armbian, Bananian, Lubuntu, Raspbian, Debian GNU/Linux,
               Fedora, Arch Linux ARM, Gentoo, openSUSE),
        Berryboot, FreeBSD, OpenWrt

See? There's the bananian, with a link to the original page.

Now I'm not saying all of this to tease you or something, but because
it illustrates (to me, at least) how difficult search actually is:

That second hit would be obvious to me, because I already had that
association made (bananian <--> banana pi) and some background
knowledge (banana pi is a "kind of" raspberry pi). To someone who
never heard of "banana pi" this second hit looks like a fluke from
some over-eager text matching algorithm and thus irrelevant.

Please excuse this excursion.

Cheers
-- t