Re: Partition information as text file?

On 01/26/2019 09:45 AM, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
Le 26/01/2019 à 16:12, Richard Owlett a écrit :
On 01/26/2019 08:36 AM, Jude DaShiell wrote:
lsblk >>lsblk.txt

I had misinterpreted "SIZE  size of the device" in the response
to "lsblk --help". I did not equate "device" to "partition".

But I still need to know how much of each partition is used/unused.

Usually, all of a partition is used.

HUH??
Either we are using terms differently OR I'm weird OR both ;

I'm explicitly wish the information Gparted displays for each partition of a physical device.

The column titles are "Partition", "File System", "Label", "Size", "Used", "Unused", and "Flags".

I need all but the last as text.

And Gparted has no problem displaying the information independent of being mounted or not.

If the partition contains a filesystem, swap area, RAID member or LVM physical volume, these data structures use all the partition space. How much of the space within the data structure is used is outside the scope of the partition level and requires tools specific to the data structure type.

Note that df can show only the used space of mounted filesystems and is not always accurate (btrfs).