Re: USB hard drives -- recommendations?

I avoid USB drives, in preference to internal drives... speed and security.
When I use them I am extremely careful, because they all seem to have a spinning disk inside, not shock resistant, and subject to early failure due to heat. I do have several, but they are not what I really Trust to keep precious data.

a separate box that is out of harm is best, even a separate low end computer to act as a storage device.
syncthing is my tool of choice to sync from my laptop to a desktop
then LuckyBackup on a schedule to Copy the sync folder into a second Storage drive.

Sorry, no recommendation, others have already spoke up and they know more than me about USB storage