Re: Upgrade Problem

On 2019-01-07 02:56, John Crawley wrote:
On 06/01/2019 00.26, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
On Friday, January 04, 2019 08:21:30 PM David Wright wrote:
On Fri 04 Jan 2019 at 14:02:27 (-0500), Stephen P. Molnar wrote:

Having babbled for the last two paragraphs, I'll close buy saying that
I will revert to the entire installation on the same partition.

I would advise you to keep your separate /home partition. Except for
dot files/directories, they're independent of the OS. It makes
reinstallation and upgrades a lot easier.

I hink it is really inconvenient to have config information (basically the . files) and what I call "real user data" (that is, documents, photos, videos, ...) combined in the same directory with the config information hidden.

new OS create and fool with a new /home/<user>.

Chime in to agree on that, but I use /data/<username>
It really makes upgrades easier to have all that ...data in its own partition.
Multi-boots can share it too.

I've tended to make a soft link in /home/me to another disk.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31