Re: Why choose Debian on server

On Sunday 06 January 2019 07:40:44 Curt wrote:

> >> Words of wisdom I heard recently - TANSTAAFL.
> >
> > Yep, perfect interpretation, Brian.
>
> The one-page only snafu is a well-known and long-standing Firefox
> printing bug impacting any number of web sites that affects neither
> Chromium nor its derivatives.

If its so long standing, why have I not see it before. That was a first.

> As Chrome would appear to be the most popular extant browser (when
> counting across all platforms, as well as uniquely on the desktop)
> your stackexchange conspiracy theory looks to be leaking some
> significant credibility through a rather large hole.

Chromium? It got removed when wireshark and I caught it calling home
while I was doing some online banking.  Same with palemoon earlier. I
had to change everything including my CC over the next week.

But you are correct, the firefox I have refuses to play videos from news
stories entirely too often. But it plays everything you-tube sends.
IMO its a POS, the vacuum suckage for your info is insatiable.

> I suppose you could argue that the percentage of Firefox users too
> lazy or bewildered to try another browser is good enough for
> stackexchange, because, goddammit, you take what you can get.
>
> To that argument I have my own acronymic rejoinder, derived from the
> old Cockney dictum: YPYMAYTYC.
>
> https://www.nytimes.com/1988/02/28/magazine/on-language-you-pays-yer-m
>oney.html

:)