Re: Why choose Debian on server

On 2019-01-06, Gene Heskett <gheskett@shentel.net> wrote:

>> > I think the question about is it on purpose on the part of
>> > stackexchange might be a prod to make on sign up for their spam, aka
>> > known as signing up and logging in. I did not, having been forced to
>> > sign up for cnczone to gain access to something I wanted, which
>> > trippled my incoming spam, with one of the spammers being so far out
>> > he scores 11.8 to spamd scanning the incoming mail. A new record
>> > here.  And it started 30 seconds after I'd filled out their plain as
>> > hell phishing form.
>>
>> Words of wisdom I heard recently - TANSTAAFL.
>
> Yep, perfect interpretation, Brian.

The one-page only snafu is a well-known and long-standing Firefox
printing bug impacting any number of web sites that affects neither
Chromium nor its derivatives.

As Chrome would appear to be the most popular extant browser (when
counting across all platforms, as well as uniquely on the desktop) your
stackexchange conspiracy theory looks to be leaking some significant
credibility through a rather large hole.

I suppose you could argue that the percentage of Firefox users too lazy
or bewildered to try another browser is good enough for stackexchange,
because, goddammit, you take what you can get.

To that argument I have my own acronymic rejoinder, derived from the old
Cockney dictum: YPYMAYTYC.

https://www.nytimes.com/1988/02/28/magazine/on-language-you-pays-yer-money.html