Re: Why choose Debian on server

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 10:42 PM Ivan Ivanov <qmastery16@gmail.com> wrote:
Well, the topic title is "Why choose Debian on server" and I thought
of it as a perfect opportunity to compare Debian with another very
similar OS, Devuan. + To be honest, it is not the removal of a package
that worried me (of course almost anyone could do
wget/configure/make/make install),

I do debuild it works for code written in 2001-2002

but that Debian has started taking political decisions over technical
(someone didn't like the name of a package (weboob) which has been a
part of Debian for 8 years ---> reeemove!),
and for a technical project this is a really bad sign.

Don't know the story - if you have links
Definitely political correctness/madness has gone too far in recent years. I doubt it will end well. Historically you can compare with the middle ages - the landlord=company, the church=political correctness and so on. Fortunately you have a choice and I wonder why you post to Debian User.

Best regards and have a happy holidays,

Same to you and please stop top posting

regards