Re: [OT] scanned files are large in size

On Wed, Jan 02, 2019 at 02:44:14PM +0000, Brian wrote:
> On Tue 01 Jan 2019 at 22:41:06 -0500, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:

[...]

> > The scanner itself makes the pdf files.
>
> I'm intrigued; I hadn't realised that conversion of the scanned image
> for some vendors' devices took place on the device itself. How do you
> know this happens? It is the frontend to SANE (xsane or scanimage, for
> example) which I've always associated with image aquisition conversion.

Some scanners mail things around, these days. I don't want to even think
about how many security holes lurk in there.

There's no limit to the amount of stupid^H^H^H^H^H^Hnonsense vendors are
capable of when enough computing power is put in their hands.

Cheers
-- tomás