Re: [OT] scanned files are large in size

On Wed, Jan 02, 2019 at 09:40:33AM +0000, Joe wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 09:59:48 +0100
> tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
>

> > And next time, try to find a scanner which provides you with a raw
> > image. Wrapping images in PDFs is... not elegant.
>
> They do this to cater for multiple pages, whereas in my experience,
> most scanning is single-sheet. Even the Simple Scan program on Debian
> defaults to pdf, something which cannot be configured.

I get this, and offering that option seems to make sense. But forcing
it (and forcing an image format like JPEG) doesn't make sense. So either
provide the knobs or let the host software do it.

My scanner just transfers the raw image. The scan program is responsible
for the transformation to the target format, which I can choose. This is
how /I/ want to be treated, as a paying customer.

Cheers
-- tomás