Re: ext2 for /boot ???

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 11:36:22AM +0200, Sven Joachim wrote:
This sounds like you put /boot/efi on the same filesystem as /boot which
is not recommended or supported at all[1].  On my laptop there is only a
single file under /boot/efi, namely /boot/efi/EFI/debian/grubx64.efi -
which will be written to on updates to the grub-efi package, but not
when installing a new kernel or rebuilding an initramfs.

No, I didn't: /boot was ext4, journalled, and could recover from most
unexpected power failures. The issue  was /boot/efi being mandated to
vfat, not journalled, and requiring a fsck on just about every power
outage.

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland