Re: The big, the bloated and the hungry

On 9/18/18 6:56 PM, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
> Used Twm in those days :-) still available I believe.

Still available, still fast, and still in use if I trust windows
decorations illustrating that work on window scaling:

	https://keithp.com/blogs/window-scaling/

I haven't used it a lot but I recall having had difficulties
with its ergonomics.  The program is indeed still available in
the package “twm”.

On Sun, Sep 16, 2018 at 9:41 AM Celejar <celejar@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://distro.ibiblio.org/baslinux/

Tinkering a bit with BasicLinux in Qemu, I confirm it is
interesting to see how the system fits in the human mind:
- /etc listing that fits in the screen
- `ps aux` output after boot too
- simple X programs spawning rxvt terms to show messages,
  configuration, calendars.  Simple design is simple.

The catch with the default X server “Xvesa” was that it had very
few modes available, and a recommendation was to use the
“Xserver” implementation provided in Slackware 4 if the screen
was somewhere between supported modes, if this document is
right:

	https://distro.ibiblio.org/baslinux/xvesa.html

Thanks Celejar for the pointer!

Kind Regards,