RE: mailing list vs "the futur"

Hi,

I have always preferred something like NNTP to email lists for groups like this. I have always seen mailing lists as the precursor for NNTP. So switching to NNTP should be the upgrade to the future. ;-)

>> That was my take on the matter as well - or at least it was a
>> suggestion that perhaps the debian lists "move away from these 'old'
>> communication channels".
>
> And it was reassuring to see that I am not alone in preferring nntp and other "archaic" (e.g. pop!) protocols.  I hate web based discussion fora and tend to avoid them (or find myself finding reasons to not go look at them very often).

NNTP is not "archaic", which other way delivers the message to me?
All those web thingie options want to have the message somewhere and have me go to that location. We replaced Bulleting Board Systems a long time ago with email, why go back to something like that?

Bonno Bloksma