Re: Multichannel audio listening

On Thu, 08 Mar 2018, Doug wrote:
> Somewhat off topic, but I'd like to know, if anyone reading here does,
> what to do with a phono player that has four-channel output: Four RCA
> jacks in the familiar red and black colors. I know there were for a
> short time four-channel disks, but I only have a modern stereo input
> amplifier. I believe that the original intent was to have two speakers
> in front of you, and two speakers behind you. And of course, I only
> have stereo (2-channel) recordings. Anyone know what to do with these
> outputs?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadraphonic_sound

Basically, unless you have quadraphonic vinyl, and the right stylus for
the quadraphonic mode, you probably don't care about the rear channels.
[And really, you probably want a better turntable and stylus anyway.]

--
Don Armstrong                      https://www.donarmstrong.com

Live and learn
or die and teach by example