Re: set default print options on printer

On Thu 08 Mar 2018 at 16:46:36 +0000, Curt wrote:

> On 2018-03-08, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Okular uses the default size setting in the PPD if nothing else overrides
> > it. If it is offering A4, it is being informed of the "correct" size by
> > something.
>
> I was considering '/etc/papersize' as a possible culprit. I'm not sure
> how the contents of that file (as well as the PAPERSIZE environment
> variable, if it exists) articulates with CUPS' lpoptions and the default
> size setting in PPD.

I think CUPS is supposed to use /etc/papersize (it has libpaper1 as
a dependency) and/or detect what to have for the media size from the
locale when a queue is set up. I've never found it to work so use
PageSize= when setting up a queue with lpadmin. lpoptions is really
an after-the-event utility.

I do not think Okular consults /etc/papersize.

--
Brian.