Re: Multichannel audio listening

On Wed, 7 Mar 2018, at 09:06, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> Fantastic...  thanks, Joel.  I want to buy one of those multichannel
> soundcards...  Do you think this one could be all right...?

> https://www.strumentimusicali.net/product_info.php/products_id/51790/behringer-umc404hd.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiAuP7UBRDiARIsAFpxiRKgsptPW1qxkEw793ahs684ltlhyh5dcIgzLJXtDh39CZA8IEX3qgIaAnquEALw_wcB

You have two sets of requirements... the first is whether any box you select will
actually work with linux (and of course Debian).  This discussion suggests it may
be ok:

https://linuxmusicians.com/viewtopic.php?t=17231

but there's always a risk that a firmware update on a box might alter the way it
works.  I'd suggest you google for more recent discussions of that box and linux.

You also of course require the thing to do what you want muscially.  There will be
lots of reviews around.    I'd suggest you read all the reviews on Amazon and other
sellers - it's when people mention the things they don't like about some unit that
you'll learn more than when they talk about things that just work.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.