Re: strangest things after upgrade from 8 to 9

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 10:13:35 -0500
Roberto C. Sánchez <roberto@debian.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 04:01:15PM +0100, mikesa@corigroup.it wrote:
> >
> > root@linux:~# apt-cache policy `dpkg -S /usr/bin/mpv`
> > mpv:
> >   Installed: 0.23.0-2+deb9u2
> >   Candidate: 0.23.0-2+deb9u2
> >   Version table:
> >  *** 0.23.0-2+deb9u2 500
> >         500 http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 Packages
> >         500 http://security.debian.org stretch/updates/main amd64 Packages
> >         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> OK.  That seems normal.
>
> > N: Unable to locate package /usr/bin/mpv
>
> Oops.  I forgot to have you trim the output of the 'dpkg -S' command :-)
>

> > and yes you are correct, /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.so.57 was some spurious file I don't know why it was there
> > and I've deleted it (and rerun ldconfig)
> > and now mpv is linking to the correct file:
> >
> > user@linux:~$ ldd /usr/bin/mpv|grep -i "not found"
> > 	libgnutls-deb0.so.28 => not found
> > 	libcrypto.so.1.0.0 => not found
> > 	libvidstab.so.1.0 => not found
> > 	libnppi.so.7.5 => not found
> >

> None of these libraries exist in Debian, so you have something else
> going on here.
>
> What is the out of these commands?
>
> readlink -f /usr/bin/mpv
> ldd /usr/bin/mpv
>
> > I've also noticed that I still have 'deb8' packages installed :(
> >
> > root@linux:~# dpkg -l|grep -i deb8|wc
> >      85     782   13487
> >
> Yeah, that might be a problem.  Did you read the release notes and
> follow the upgrade instructions step by step?  Did you happen to record
> your upgrade terminal session with 'script' as recommended in the
> release notes?
>
> Regards,
>
> -Roberto
>
> --
> Roberto C. Sánchez

I've slowly deleted the deb8 packages until the last one was only:
ii  libdca0:amd64                                               0.0.5-dmo2+deb8u1                           amd64        decoding library for DTS Coherent Acoustics streams
which was a dependency of gnome.

I've downloaded the new one from debian.org (http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/libd/libdca/libdca0_0.0.5-10_amd64.deb) and installed:
root@linux:~# dpkg -l|grep -i libdca
ii  libdca0:amd64                                               0.0.5-10                                    amd64        decoding library for DTS Coherent Acoustics streams

Now the system looks better:
root@linux:~# dpkg -l|grep -i deb8|wc
      0       0       0

Thank you Roberto, I guess my system is still a little frankestein after 3 years of messing with Jessie :)
Hope I've learned to debug and fix the following issues :)

Thank you,
Mike