Re: strangest things after upgrade from 8 to 9

On Sat, Dec 29, 2018 at 04:01:15PM +0100, mikesa@corigroup.it wrote:

> root@linux:~# apt-cache policy `dpkg -S /usr/bin/mpv`
> mpv:
>   Installed: 0.23.0-2+deb9u2
>   Candidate: 0.23.0-2+deb9u2
>   Version table:
>  *** 0.23.0-2+deb9u2 500
>         500 http://deb.debian.org/debian stretch/main amd64 Packages
>         500 http://security.debian.org stretch/updates/main amd64 Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

OK.  That seems normal.

> N: Unable to locate package /usr/bin/mpv

Oops.  I forgot to have you trim the output of the 'dpkg -S' command :-)

> and yes you are correct, /usr/local/lib/libavcodec.so.57 was some spurious file I don't know why it was there
> and I've deleted it (and rerun ldconfig)
> and now mpv is linking to the correct file:
>
> user@linux:~$ ldd /usr/bin/mpv|grep -i "not found"
> 	libgnutls-deb0.so.28 => not found
> 	libcrypto.so.1.0.0 => not found
> 	libvidstab.so.1.0 => not found
> 	libnppi.so.7.5 => not found

None of these libraries exist in Debian, so you have something else
going on here.

What is the out of these commands?

readlink -f /usr/bin/mpv
ldd /usr/bin/mpv

> I've also noticed that I still have 'deb8' packages installed :(
>
> root@linux:~# dpkg -l|grep -i deb8|wc
>      85     782   13487

Yeah, that might be a problem.  Did you read the release notes and
follow the upgrade instructions step by step?  Did you happen to record
your upgrade terminal session with 'script' as recommended in the
release notes?

Regards,

-Roberto

--