Re: kmail and encrypted mails

Gene writes:
> I haven't played with pgp since they jailed P.Z., and I've always
> looked at anything newer than 2.62 as possibly equipt with a back door
> of some sort, one of the unstated conditions for allowing his release.

I'd like to see some evidence that Zimmermann was jailed.  I was paying
attention to such things at the time and I recall no mention of an
arrest.  There was a criminal investigation but no charges were ever
filed and eventually both the 6th and the 9th courts ruled that
cryptographic software source code is protected speech.

In any case gpg is not pgp.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com