Re: do you find old firefox is better than new one?

Long Wind <longwind2@yahoo.com> writes:

> i have 52.9.0 and 45.9.0, both for stretch
> new one often becomes unresponsive,

Which one of “52.9.0” and “45.9.0” is the “new one”? Or do you mean some
other version?

Have you tried versions later than “52”? Debian Buster now has
‘firefox-esr’ version “60.4.0esr-1”. How does that change the behaviour
for you?

> and i have to close it and restart it

This happened for me quite often, because many of the Firefox extensions
were not compatible with Firefox 60.

So, some of the extensions which formerly blocked garbage from many
internet sites – malware like advertising and trackers – resumed when I
visited sites, so many of my tabs would contain malware that quickly
crippled the performance of the browser.

After installing newer, compatible extensions (NoScript 10, uMatrix,
uBlock Origin) and restarting the browser, that malware ceased, and my
browser is now happily fast again.

> i can't describe it in more details or reproduce problem

If you can answer some of the questions above, that might help us
understand better the behaviour you are describing.

--
 \             “For your convenience we recommend courteous, efficient |
  `\                            self-service.” —supermarket, Hong Kong |