Re: Debian on Phone as webserver

W dniu 13.12.2018, czw o godzinie 20∶55 +0000, użytkownik André Rodier
napisał:
> On 2018-12-13 17:31, Marek Mosiewicz wrote:
> > I'm just about having static IP for my LTE connection.
> >
> > That brings me to some idea. What about having install Debian on
> > ARM
> > old phone to have it as web server. They have quite modern hardware
> > and
> > this is of course depending on web application, but I suspect that
> > ordinary PHP website could be served quite easily.
> >
> > It can be connected to web as LTE or be bounded to router location
> > via
> > WiFi or USB cable (that is for sure can be done)
> >
> > Battery means that it can monitor easily possible shutdown of
> > system.
> >
> > Are there any experiences with installing Debian on phones ?
>
> Hello Marek,
>
> Interesting, thanks for the feedback.
>
> - In which country you are ?
Poland
> - Is the static IP address is IPv4 or IPv6 ?
I have dynamic IP4 address
> - Are the ports 25 and 587 are open, or there are restrictions?
I have mail server on OVH server. I bought there VPS (I had is sometime
before, even root server time ago). But realizing how much RAM requires
java CMS I liked I just thought maybe there is something different.
On my machine ports are closed. Router should also have no this port
open
By the way such phone server could also hold mailbox. Just have some
good backup tool
> - Do you have access to reverse DNS
There is no reverse DNS set. Actually I have no experience with reverse
DNS. How it is set if there is many web virtual hosts on same machine.
> - How much you pay per month
I pay about $30 a year for mail hosting. $15 monthly for VPS and $10
and $15 monthly for LTE