Re: Recommended debootsrap tutorials

On Wed 12 Dec 2018 at 13:47:18 -0500, songbird wrote:

> Richard Owlett wrote:

> > My interest has been rekindled. I wish to understand debootstrap. To
> > that end I do a minimalist bootable Debian installation.
>

>   have you looked at the source code ?
>
>   https://salsa.debian.org/installer-team/debootstrap/tree/master
>
>   it is written in sh.  which isn't too obscure a language...

It is appreciated that you are trying to be helpful, but I suspect
Richard Owlett's ability to read and alter the debootstrap code to
suit his needs is limited. If he wishes to understand debootstrap
(his stated objective) he has to use it and experiment. No one can
read the docs for him.

This is an ongoing and unresolved issue for him for quite a number
of years. Whatever "minimalist" means, he could probably achieve
it within the installer; as has been pointed out to him a number of
times.

--
Brian.