Re: Making a modal window

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 11:24:33AM +0000, Brian wrote:
> Furthermore, the OP specified
>
>   > ...whenever someone opens their computer
>
> and I took "opens" to mean "switches on", which might mean having
> to look at what existing DMs have in the way of this functionality
> and of running another program. I believe lightdm can run scripts
> at login time.

I would assume it's literal.  The OP works for some entity (government,
school, etc.) which is distributing laptops, and wants to control every
aspect of every interaction between the user and the laptop, starting
the moment the laptop is physically opened (top half separated from the
bottom half).

Of course, we already know the OP is incompetent, because instead of
telling us who they are and what they are trying to accomplish, they
led everyone on a wild guessing game.  This reinforces the "government
or school" guess.