Re: Looking for a "friendly" e-mail service

On 26.11.18 21:12, Celejar wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Nov 2018 09:37:21 -0500
> Mark Neidorff <mark@neidorff.com> wrote:
> > Now, I don't like the webmail interfaces and the limited storage for old
>
> Limited storage? Who - big or small player - offers unlimited storage
> for old emails?

There are various values for old and limited, in reality. When I'm out
of town for a fortnight, there's usually 1500 to 2k emails piled up on
the ISP's mailhost. Fortunately only a small subset of them are over 1
MB in size.

It is fortunately rare for ISPs to block multi-megabyte emails now that
we've left the old millennium behind, as I'm in the process of building,
and local authorities, building surveyors, fire authorities, etc.,
mostly issue their documents by email now.

Still, a few hundred MB usually does it for the fortnight, and the
longer absence over the new year is an email drought, so size would be
similar.

Those who leave read mail on the ISP's mailhost, due to accessing from
multiple client hosts, are at greater risk of exceeding their quota, and
would naturally look for some extra, I figure.

Erik