Re: VLC doesn't shutdown when closed

On 2018-11-26 8:37 a.m., Curt wrote:
On 2018-11-26, Martin <keine-eile@online.de> wrote:
Am 21.11.18 um 02:29 schrieb Gary Dale:
I'm running Debian/Buster with a Plasma 5 desktop. After I close a VLC session, the program continues to lurk in the process list until I send it the Kill signal. This is annoying because VLC stops the screen saver / session locker from kicking in while it is active so I have to bring up the System Activity monitor to check for and kill all the VLC processes.

Note that just ending the process doesn't work. I need to send the Kill signal.
Go to Preferences -> Interface -> Show settings -> All ---> Interface
-> Uncheck 'Run as deamon process'.
I checked that setting, began watching a video, then clicked the upper
right-hand 'X' of the latter's graphical window (which I believe is the
OP's customary modus operandi).

I didn't get any zombie or supernumerary process, though; vlc shutdown
cleanly and completely.
If you read the other discussion, the problem seems to be related with what controls you have added to the interface. If you just use the stock interface, it works. Adding speed controls creates the issue.