Re: Why has nouveau vs. NVIDIA problem not been addressed?

As of October 2017, I found that running the command "nvidia-detect"
followed by "install nvidia-driver" (as recommended by the first
command) conflicted with the lightdm display manager and prevented
graphical login.  Does that problem remain?

Sincerely,
Greg Marks