Re: Piggybacking: Firefdox is using up my Internet bandwidth, autostarts videos even though autoplay is off (was:Re: gnome-software is using up my internet data

On Thursday, November 15, 2018 10:21:19 AM Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> Some settings to check (in about:config):
>
> media.autoplay.enabled -> false
> media.block-autoplay-until-in-foreground -> true (probably not necessary
> if you have the above setting)
> media.default_volume -> 0.0 (or something suitably low so as to not be
> obnoxious when you do start a video playing)

Thanks--I found the first two setting set the other way and toggled them and
that seemed to do the job.

I left the volume as set (1.0) so that, if a video does start playing I can
stop it.

> There are probably others, but those seem to do what I need (which
> sounds similar to what you describe).

There are a lot, and someday I should look through them for other possibly
useful settings.

Thanks again!

Randy