What is the best way to install vim 8.1 on stretch?

Hello,

I have a fresh install of Debian stretch including the relatively old vim 8. There is no vim version in stretch-backports. One solution is to download the latest source from vim.org and build it on my pc but then I would lose the benefits of apt package management. I could also add the testing repositories to my apt configuration files and install the vim from there. What is the recommended approach?