Re: Audacity 2.2.2 + Pulseaudio in Debian Sid

Well, I started down the dependency chain and rolling back libasound2 is
resulting in a deep and dark hole.  I think I shall stop while I only
have one non-working package.

It crossed my mind to try and rebuild the audacity package which, in all
my years of using Debian I've never tried before.  So I follow the nice
tutorial at:

         https://wiki.debian.org/BuildingTutorial

and eventually land on this error:

$ sudo apt-get build-dep audacity
Reading package lists... Done
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

 builddeps:audacity : Depends: libjack-dev
                      Depends: portaudio19-dev (>= 19+svn20101113-3~) but it is not going to be installed

In aptitude I see that portaudio19-dev is at version 19.6.0-1.
Apparently, the tool cannot parse this out as the audacity
debian/control file specifies >= 19+svn20101113-3~.

Right now the situation appears intractable.  My only other option is to
reboot into the Slackware partition and try audacity there.  In the mean
time I hope that the maintainers can correct the issue.

- Nate

Web: http://www.n0nb.us  GPG key: D55A8819  GitHub: N0NB