Re: debian-9.5.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1.iso missing files for install without mirror

On 2018-11-06, Michael Stone <mstone@debian.org> wrote:

> That said, the bootable business card image is the smallest download
> available to install debian without having to mess with a netboot
> configuration. You can still use the mini iso with a normal cd, or via
> virtual drive, etc. I used to always keep an 80mm (185MB) installer CD-R
> in my bag back before it made more sense to just use a thumb drive.
>
> It turns out I just couldn't remember where they were, and they do still
> exist:
> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stretch/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/

I'll bite: if the mini.iso requires no netboot, why does it find itself
confined to the netboot directory?

If they stopped calling it a 'bootable business card' and put it
alongside the netinstall iso as the leanest competition around I just
might use the mini. Then again I guess if you're downloading it you're
downloading it (whether the package is integrated into the iso itself or
retrieved 'on the fly') so it's six of one, half a dozen of the other,
in the end.

--
“If a person is not talented enough to be a novelist, not smart enough to be a
lawyer, and his hands are too shaky to perform operations, he becomes a