Re: Migrating Debian installation to a new motherboard

On 2018-11-02, mick crane <mick.crane@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2018-11-02 07:37, Felix Miata wrote:
>> mick crane composed on 2018-11-02 07:22 (UTC):
>>
>>> I have to do a double check with "l" and "1" and "0" and "O", there
>>> ought to be some way to avoid that.
>>
>> Font selection can make a big difference:
>>
>> 	http://fm.no-ip.com/Auth/Font/fonts-face-samplesM.html
>
> The 0 with a line through it helps but l still looks like 1.
> maybe if l at the end of a filename use L

When I spell my name over the phone to various interlocutors who have
trouble either with my foreign patronym, my foreign accent, or both, I
say "l" as in Louise.

I often wonder if it's uncomfortable for Louise to have an l in her
like that, but whatever.

The creative possibilities of this system are quite large and allow you
to slyly express any number of notions under seemingly innocent
orthographic cover.

--
When you have fever you are heavy and light, you are small and swollen, you
climb endlessly a ladder which turns like a wheel.