Re: Migrating Debian installation to a new motherboard

1. Nov 2018 10:18 by pascal@plouf.fr.eu.org:

Le 01/11/2018 à 15:10, local10 a écrit :

Note that the 2nd interface is enp3s0 not enp2s0 as I have  in /etc/network/interfaces. This, as I understnd it, is due to the motherboard migration (I replaced the mb in my Buster PC, the system booted and seems to work fine, except for the networking).

All you should need to do is update the interface name in /etc/network/interfaces.

Changed enp2s0 in /etc/network/interfaces to enp3s0, rebooted, still getting "Network is unreachable". Someone in this thread (

 http://debian.2.n7.nabble.com/Migrating-Debian-installation-to-a-new-motherboard-td4403474.html ) mentioned that the MAC address needs to be changed to reflect the new NIC MAC address on the new mb. Not sure how to do that, I looked but what I found does not apply well to Debian.

Regards,