Re: Advice on mailing list software -- special requirements

On Wednesday, October 24, 2018 12:32:15 AM Miles Fidelman wrote:

> Yes, but you really need a PUBLIC static IP address, or things tend to

> get hairy.  Dynamic DNS will help, but only to a point.  And, a lot of

> ISPs really don't like it if you run servers at the edge.

We are currently such a small group, I don't think it will be an issue -- if that changes, we can change.

> Bummer.  But maybe another, larger, Linux user group might help you

> out?  I expect there might be somebody on this list who might volunteer

> (hint, hint).  Maybe somebody at a nearby university - I believe you

> have a few of those in the Lehigh Valley :-)

We've had somebody make such an offer, and we'll probably take them up on it -- I sort of wanted to try to set up a small mail list on one of my computers, as long as I didn't have to run a web server or a *nix style MTA

Thanks!