Re: strange DHCP behaviour

On 2018-10-24 11:39, tony wrote:
On 24/10/2018 12:11, mick crane wrote:
On 2018-10-24 09:40, tony wrote:

I've flushed the lease several times (The dhclient -r command mentioned
above does that), and physically deleted the lease files.  No good!

Isn't that on the laptop and you need to get rid of the entry on the
server ?

mick

Well, it's the client that's requesting it; the server's just complying.

why would client request a fixed ipaddress from dhcp server ?
sure it's the server you need to flush.
I could have a look on mine to see how in terminal but I want to make some sausage rolls.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31