Re: basilisk-browser

On 2018-10-19 11:23, Reco wrote:
Hi.

On 2018-10-19 07:58, Dominik George wrote:

> Seriously? They forbid linking against libraries if their code is not
> shipped with their sources?
>
> That also seems like a security nightmare in the making.
>
> Mozilla themselves weren't even *that* ridiculous, were they?

I'm not understanding what "Official branding" refers to in that exchange.
If anyone has the time to explain.

It's the same as Mozilla's branding - [1].
Either you build the software the way upstream wants, or you lose the
right to call resulting software its official name (Palemoon in this
case).
Debian project was able to negotiate this with Mozilla some years ago.
In the case of Palemoon - well, OpenBSD project won't a Palemoon port in
a foreseable future.

Reco

[1] https://lwn.net/Articles/676799/

that's what -ESR is about then