Migrating Debian installation to a new motherboard

Hi,

Am looking for an easy way to move my Debian PC to a new motherboard, that is without reinstalling all the packages and config settings. All the hardware with the exception of the motherboard will remain the same, I have a spare hard drive, the same model as my working HD, which I can use as a setup area if needed. I did a similar migration with success some years back and used the "Shockingly easy server upgrade" writeup from Debian Planet as guide, which was available at http://www.debianplanet.org/node.php?id=875 <http://www.debianplanet.org/node.php?id=875> but it's no longer there and I can't find it.

Any ideas? Thanks