Re: Latest Thunderbird update breaks multiple plugins

Hi Martin,

I suffered this pain earlier this morning on Ubuntu 16.04.

For Lightning you might tried to substitute it with "xul-ext-lightning" but I ended up removing Thunderbird and rolled back to 52.9 (https://ubuntu.pkgs.org/16.04/ubuntu-updates-main-amd64/thunderbird_52.9.1+build3-0ubuntu0.16.04.1_amd64.deb.html) which offered Lightning 5.4.

They appear to be working together fine just as they used to with all my local settings kept intact.

Following that I disabled updates:

$ sudo apt-mark hold thunderbird
thunderbird set on hold.

I guess that's your only option for discontinued plugins.

Hopefully a compatible version of Lightning will be out soon.

Cheers,
Adam