Re: apache2: Could not open configuration file /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Permission denied

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 10:09:39AM +0200, Martin wrote:
    sudo su - www-data -s /bin/sh

Don't use sudo with su. It is evil.
You want to use 'sudo -i' in this case.

Fascism is evil. This is just unnecessary.

(I'm guilty of still typing "sudo su -" via muscle memory even after
your messages on the subject. I asked a former UNIX sysadmin colleague
of mine and he does the same. We suspect that it was from our days
supporting Solaris, and a sudo that did not implement -i.)

--

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ Jonathan Dowland