Re: Re: Slow firefox and high cpu usage

On 10/10, bw wrote:

I would sure be interested in your method of running firefox on stretch,
without using extensions or addons from outside the debian repositories?

I never mentioned jessie, not sure what the reference is about?  My point
was that is ff needs extensions to be "secure" or reliable, and if the
only place to get them is from outside the debian repo, then logically,
the pkg belongs in "contrib" or plain kicked out of the repo.

It doesn't need extensions to be secure, all browsers suffer if they process all the tracking cruft that bogs down the web today.

ESR60 is a far better browser than ESR52 was, XUL was a security nightmare and was depreceated due to that, sometimes ypou have to take a step back to progress.

--
regards.....

Thinkpad T60p 2.33Ghz 2GB SXGA+

Jabber IM: dekkzz76@jabber.hot-chilli.net