Re: apt installing package 403 forbidden

On Tue, 9 Oct 2018 17:14:42 +0500 Muhammad Yousuf Khan said:

> Dear All,
> I have been using debian for around 10 years i havent seen such issue in my
> entire life.
> i have placed my servers in two different countries. means both have
> different internet connection so it is not related to internet issue.
> My first datacenter (USA) is using verizon and second (south asian) using
> local internet.
>
> no matter what i do. if i install new Debian when i reach the mirror select
> part of the installation it show me red sceen telling me that "merror does
> not support correct debian version"
> . . if i use old debian machines which are working for me for 5 or 6 years
> now started throwing error.
> I assume ( i can be wrong) first the issue was happeing in south asian
> datacenter then moved then later start to face in USA.

Hello Muhammad,

In order to exclude possibilities one step at a time, I would suggest:

1) Try to access these links via a web browser:

* http://deb.debian.org/debian/pool/main/n/nfs-utils/
* http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/i/iotop/
* http://security.debian.org/debian-security/pool/updates/main/l/linux-base/
* http://ftp.tr.debian.org/debian/pool/main/i/iotop/

For every link in this list,

Do you get 403 while accessing it? Else, can you download any random file in
the directory via your browser? (i.e. is the directory content accesible)

Regards
--
Abdullah Ramazanoğlu - İstanbul, Türkiye