Re: Upgrading with a low data cap

Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 10/08/2018 06:56 AM, Dan Purgert wrote:
>> [...]
>> Admittedly, these options work best if you have multiple machines
>> that're pretty much the same (e.g. that "lab" I did, where all the
>> desktops were identical).
>>

> They are not physically identical but all are Stretch and the majority
> were installed from the same Debian 9.1.0 DVD.

The proxies would at least simplify core OS stuff (i.e. whatever's
shared amongst all the machines, such as kernel patches), but if you
have a dozen machines each doing a dozen different things (e.g. one's
running bind, another's running apache, yet another's running postfix,
etc.) then each of those servers would tend to always have "cache
misses" when you're updating the server-specific stuff.

--
|_|O|_| Registered Linux user #585947