Re: all files moved to lost+found

On Friday 05 October 2018 08:53:14 Beco wrote:

> Dear linux users,
>
> The memtest86+ came out clean.
>
> I run out of ideas to what was the problem.
>
> Wasn't it a very serious problem I would already stop writing emails.
> But to have the whole /home disappear, is something that changes your
> expectations for the whole linux experience.
>
> It has to have a simple explanation hidden somewhere (and
> testable/repeatable/provable, not just guesses)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Beco

In that event, I'd be checking the drive makers web site for firmware
updates for YOUR drive(s)

Seagate is pretty good about that.

I'm not saying this is your problem, but it is something to investigate.

The last 1T drive I updated had already used up 25 sectors as
re-allocated at < 5,000 spinning hours. After the update it was about
25% faster, and 80,000+ spinning hours later, still had that same 25
re-allocated sectors. Its a good drive yet but amanda needed more space,
so it got replaced with a 2T drive. Stretch isn't stable yet,way too
many networking problems so I'll probably wait till buster turns stable.
Networking already Just Works from the reports I read here.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)