Re: all files moved to lost+found

On 9/30/18, Beco <rcb@beco.cc> wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Sep 2018 at 16:40, bw <bwtnguy@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> 286699 files on a partition with only /home on it sounds a little high?
>>

> Hi BW,
>
> the directory lost+found is also in the /home partition.

Mine's 118,000 THIS time 'round because I've thinned it out over time.
If someone was using /home instead of /src or anything else for
development, it could easily go that high. I've either seen
instructions say to do that or I've seen users writing about problems
that were housed in that directory.

Playing around with npm plants a dot "not hidden" (grin) directory
under that /home hierarchy, too. That can grow in size real quick.
Been there, done that. :)

"Not hidden" dot cache and dot config directories would add up over
time, too, depending on one's style of backup combined with system
stability.

What about that 2TB sized hard drive on a laptop'ish, right? I've seen
where that's not compatible in *some* cases although I'm sure newer
equipment could handle it. I have secondhand, older equipment that all
has an expressed/recommended 1TB size limit, if that much.

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *