Re: Syncing GnuPG between 2 system

deloptes@gmail.com [2018-09-30 19:39:03+02] wrote:

> Teemu Likonen wrote:
>> No. To encrypt you need recipients' public keys which have an encryption
>> capability [E]. Usually there is an encryption subkey. To decrypt you
>> need the secret key which is associated with the public [E] key that was
>> used to encrypt.
>
> Here is something I do not get - to encrypt I am asked for password -
> I guess it is for my secret key, no?

Encryption requires recipient's public [E] key only. It seems that, in
addition to encrypting, you are also signing the message. For that you
need a secret (sub)key that has signing capability [S].

--
/// Teemu Likonen   - .-..   <https://keybase.io/tlikonen> //
// PGP: 4E10 55DC 84E9 DFF6 13D7 8557 719D 69D3 2453 9450 ///