Re: Syncing GnuPG between 2 system

On Sat, Sep 29, 2018 at 09:37:43AM -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> I get the secret key part.  Are you saying to forget about syncing
> public keys (from other's emails) and just let each client download
> those from a public keyserver? If so, I may be over thinking the need to
> sync GnuPG between devices.  Hmmmm.

If all you care about is the public keys for verifying signatures, then
I say don't bother trying to proactively sync.  Just let each system get
keys and key updates from the public keyservers as needed.

Your original message seemed to inidicate that you wanted to both verify
signatures and also produce signatures on multiple machines.  That was
why I provided the link to the article on subkeys, as I consider that to
be the only sensible way to have signing capabilities on multitple
devices related to a single GnuPG key.  Perhaps I misread your email in
that regard.

Regards,

-Roberto

--