Re: Syncing GnuPG between 2 system

On Sat, 2018-09-29 at 09:16 +0200, deloptes wrote:
> Jim Popovitch wrote:
>
> > Copying .gnupg is simple and easy, but not quite what I'm looking
> > for. Imagine having to copy your email folders or address book from
> > system to system, instead of using something like IMAP.  I suppose I
> > could build something that uses WebDav to sync .gnupg... I was just
> > hoping somethinglike that existed.
>
> you definitely do not want to upload your secret key anywhere.

Well of course not, and that is not what this question is about. ;-)
You certainly don't want to sync your email account password either, nor
your mothers maiden name. ;-)

> Keep your private key secret and use a keyserver for the public keys.
> When you have this setup IMAP is not an issue.

I get the secret key part.  Are you saying to forget about syncing
public keys (from other's emails) and just let each client download
those from a public keyserver? If so, I may be over thinking the need to
sync GnuPG between devices.  Hmmmm.

> and BTW no one said that you should copyyour mail folder.

I'm the one who brought that up, as an example, because someone (you?)
was saying to copy files around from box to box.  I mentioned IMAP as an
alternative to copying email files/folders, and that I was looking for a
similar technique for GnuPG.

-Jim P.