Re: How to react on a factually wrong Debian wiki change ?

On 2018-09-28, Thomas Schmitt <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i wrote:
>> > So how should the statement be improved ?
>> > ["wodim should better not be used with DVD or BD media."]
>
> Curt wrote:
>> You could say:
>>  It is preferable not to use wodim for DVD or BD media.
>> Or
>>  It's better to avoid using wodim when burning to DVD or BD media.
>> Or
>>  Wodim has proved less reliable when used with DVD or BD media and is
>>  best avoided when burning to those media.
>
> Number 1 and 2 would bear content equivalent to mine.

Right. My reason to rephrase was only that "should better not" isn't
quite idiomatic English. It's not a big deal, though.

> Number 3 is inaccurate, because wodim works with some media types in
> some situations reliably. It fails at other occasions reliably.

Here I went out on a limb. Though it's true I'd gladly trade a superior
turn of phrase for a little accuracy.

 Wodim has proved to fail under certain conditions and as a general rule
 should probably be avoided when burning to DVD or BD media.

--
"Now she understood that Anna could not have been in lilac, and that her charm
was just that she always stood out against her attire, that her dress could